• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello there....

R

royp

Hello my name is Dottie, and I originate from Caterham in Surrey..

I am researching my Family History of the Lakers, Creepers, Smiths and Groses.

I was bought up in care from 1951 through to 1968, and after applying and receiving my in care records from The Surrey County Council archives with a view to finding my mum, which I did so, but sadly passed over...I was able to make contact with another brother, a sister, and a cousin, who I hadn't previously known of...we are all in contact now and catching up on years past....over 50 to be exact....

and my avatar is of the original Salvation Army Citadel in Caterham, sadly no more... my grandfather William john Laker is mentioned in a Bourne Society Book in Caterham, as being a founder member there in the early 1900's..yet to find out more...

dottie

Last edited:

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Dottie,
Glad you found us here at FHUK :) , you will find everyone very helpful and friendly, your avatar has become a part of history, it's a shame that buildings like that are being destroyed in the name of progress:( .
It was nice to see you have found members of your family again and we at FHUK will hopefully help you find some of your ancestors . All you need to do is post your questions on the apropriate forum/s with as much information as you do have and we will see what we can do for you.
Enjoy the FHUK Forums and we wish you every success in your research. Best regards StericoO0 helpusall