• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Hello to you All

I am Ann dodd, I live out of Bundaberg Queensland Australia.
I have been doing Family History now since 1994.I have only been using a computer now for a few years.
I have researched my parternal Knowles line back to 1612 in Bakewell Derbyshire / Cheshire, of course I have had a great deal of help along the way from meeting cousins I knew nothing about.
At present I am researching my husbands gt grandfather James Spink who was born abt.1838 Needham Norfolk.He came to Australia in 1873 with his second wife and first son of this marriage plus my husbands grandfather James Spink son from his first marriage.
I know lots about gt grandfather James Spink from certificates of both marriages, from the 1871 census where he stated he was born in Needham Norfolk, he was employed at that time as Assistant Light house Keeper at the Lower Light House Hoylake.
I have been sent information about his first employment as a Lightship
in 1862 through to his transfering to the Light House Keeper position in 1864 until his dismissal in 1872. by a couple who write about lighthouses.
I am now trying to locate James Spink Birth , Christening or Baptisim records
and it's here I don't know how to go about doing I lost.
James Spink, first wife was Jessie nee Loader (parents of James Spink jnr. my husbands grandfather) when Jessie died her death was registered as Jessie Spinks.
The "S" was put on the end of the family names right through the births of two more of their boys of the second marrage.
I might add that the second marriage certificate I have the surname spelt with the "s" as was the surname in the 1871 Census.
James Spink didn't have the "s" on his name at his birth and didn't have the "s" at his first marriage either.Neither did he had the "s" on when he was employed by the Mersey Docks Committee in 1862.
I look forward to hearing from whoever would like to write to me and be willing to help .
Thankyou
Ann

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduce Yourself 2
K Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 0
H Introduce Yourself 2
D Introduce Yourself 1