• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello :)

From
England
Hi everyone,

I've just started researching our family tree. My sister started it a few years back but has been ill recently so i'm taking it over.
My mum was adopted so we're trying to trace her family, there are a lot of dead ends as she wasn't actually told that much herself. I think there was a bit of scandal surrounding her birth so the story has become blurred over the years.
Looking forward to picking up some tips on here though :)

Sam

Hello and welcome to FHUK

Please have a look around the forums and then post your queries in the most appropriate ones and someone will try to answer them.

Good luck with your research.

Regards,

Dave

Thank you.
My family are from Grimsby originally and my mum's maiden name was Drinkell. But she was adopted and her original surname is Norwegian. I need to ask her what it was. Her biological father had a relationship with her mother when her mother thought her husband had been killed in the war. But he came back and gave her an ulimatum. A pretty common story I imagine.

I'll find out some more details from her.

I've also just been trying to work out how to reply/send a dm :)

hi

if you are replying to a pm, there is a box at the bottom quick reply, you just type your message at the bottom.
If you are starting a new one click on the users name, then contact info then send a private message

dave

Back