• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello....

....new member here. Just found your site while browsing. I am very new to genealogy and very overwhelmed and confused!

I'm looking for information for England and not really sure where to start. Here is my information:

grandmother Joyce Ducharme nee Clark (born Canada), her mother is Florence Elizabeth Clark nee Felton b. 29 Feb 1908 (not sure where in England) d. in Canada, she may have had a sister named Mary ukn of any other siblings, her mother was Mary Felton (ukn maiden name) and her father was Fred Felton.

I know my ggrandmother Florence came to Canada when she was 16yrs.

I look forward to learning from everyone here.

Pam

duckweed

Loyal Member
Hi I looked up FreeBMD and I couldn't find a Florence Fenton that was an exact fit. The nearest I got was June 1908 in Salford. Other Florence Fenton's were even further out for the date and had other middle names. Have you anymore details about parents, other siblings, port she left from. Whether they came from South or North England.

Hi I looked up FreeBMD and I couldn't find a Florence Fenton that was an exact fit. The nearest I got was June 1908 in Salford. Other Florence Fenton's were even further out for the date and had other middle names. Have you anymore details about parents, other siblings, port she left from. Whether they came from South or North England.
No I have no further information.

Just to clarify its Felton not Fenton

sterico

Loyal Member
hi pamela welcome i found 1 florence elizabeth felton on ancestry close to your info
I put in +- 5 years of 1908 and this was the only 1 that came up. I know from my own research that in the past they didn't always register a birth immediately, don't know whether this will help but below is the details best regards sterico:biggrin:

Name: Florence Elizabeth Felton
Year of Registration: 1909
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Hastings (1837-1977)
County: Sussex
Volume: 2b
Page: 73 (click to see others on page)

duckweed

Loyal Member
Found a possible marriage in Croydon (London) in June 1901 Frederick Charles Felton married a Mary Ethel Wood Ref 2a 633 Does that ring any bells? When was her sister born? Frederick Charles Felton 30 years old in 1901 born Romford Essex living in Croydon occupation Fruit Salesman Mary Wood aged 21 in 1901 born in Croydon occupation laundress.