• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello

Website
www.geocities.com
Hi I am Heather from Co Durham (they wouldnt let me use Heather lol).

My family are a mixture of Co Durham, Northumberland North Yorkshire, and Scotland with a wee bit of Irish thrown in.

Main names from Co Durham are Egy, Brewster and Smurthwaite - anyone with any revelations on my Brickwall John Smurthwaite from Toft Hill will be regarded as a god or goddess by me.:)

Yorkshire names are Brewster and Pearson (they moved to Co Durham) Hillary, Stones and Carter.

Muir is my maiden name and my main connection to Scotland with Copland, Nicoll and Taylor in there too and my Irish connection is Campbell who married into my Muirs.

nice to meet you all

Heather

Hi I am Heather from Co Durham (they wouldnt let me use Heather lol).

My family are a mixture of Co Durham, Northumberland North Yorkshire, and Scotland with a wee bit of Irish thrown in.

Main names from Co Durham are Egy, Brewster and Smurthwaite - anyone with any revelations on my Brickwall John Smurthwaite from Toft Hill will be regarded as a god or goddess by me.:)

Yorkshire names are Brewster and Pearson (they moved to Co Durham) Hillary, Stones and Carter.

Muir is my maiden name and my main connection to Scotland with Copland, Nicoll and Taylor in there too and my Irish connection is Campbell who married into my Muirs.

nice to meet you all

Heather
Hi Heather, Im sure I helped you with some of yours in the past......a small world! ;-)

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Heather,
Welcome to the FHUK forums, you will find us a friendly bunch of people who regard ourselves as a big happy family who love the challenges of brick walls :) . All you need to do is post your questions with as much information as you do have on the apropriate forum and our demolition experts will do as much damage as they can>:D .
We at FHUK wish you success in your research and we hope you will enjoy the benefits of our forums, Enjoy! Best regards, StericoO0

Sunscreen

John Smurthwaite

Hi

is this him?
1851 census
John Smurthwaite age 29 born toft hill coal miner
Elizabeth Smurthwaite age 21 born Etherley, wife
address: 73 Old Hall, Evenwood-

1891 census

John Smurthwaite age 69. born toft hill, boarder
address 206 Newfield, Byers Green

if this might be him let me know (looks to be other matches after 1851) and I'll check them all out

sunscreen