• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hello

lizanne

Hi I've just found the forum.It looks very interesting.
At present I am living in Oldham Lancs.
I have been researching my family tree for about 3 years on and off in both Scotland and England. However the Irish side of my family has hit a major brick wall though.
I look forward to meeting you all on the forum and I am willing to help anyone that I can with look ups etc. :) :)

prefabkid

Hi Lizanne

Welcome to the site
We are a friendly crowd here on the site and members are always willing to help.We all have a common aim,to find our roots.
'Brickwalls' are the 'joy' in searching for our ancestors,it's just some are higher than others!Let's hope we can help you to climb yours.

Happy hunting
prefabkid

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Lizanne,
As prefab kid has said welcome to the FHUK forums,
You say you are living in Oldham, that brings back memories for me as I used to live there myself at one time, I have fond memories of the place:) your brickwalls on your irish connection, just post them in the irish forum with as much info as you do have and we will see if we can help.
Enjoy your research and enjoy the FHUK forums;)
Best regards StericoO0

lizanne

Thanks for the welcomes.:)
I'm still exploring the site , but I'll soon get around to doing a few postings.
Sterico I bet you wouldn't recognize Oldham now so much has changed recently.
I notice that you are also researching Brooks

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Lizanne,;)
Yes I am Researching Brooks, Elizabeth Brooks married
my g g grandfather Charles Thorne in 1849 , You never know she could be related to your Brooks :D time and research will tell
Best regards Sterico