• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Help I can't confirm William Barrow 1778

duckweed

Loyal Member
I have had an interesting exchange of family details and my cousin has found a missing relative William Barrow. I knew he existed as I was told by family that he was a sailor on HMS Victory and found him in the national archives. My cousin meanwhile following another route happened on a William Barrow born Lewisham 1778. He matches the sailor on the Victory. Problem is they have quoted no sources and I can't find any baptismal records for Lewisham on IGI. William Barrow has a daughter Harriet who was born 1811 Oving Sussex and who married John Hill 1816 Petworth Sussex ( I have no exact date for them either but guessing about 1834) Anyone got access to Naval marriages baptisms etc? or Lewisham baptismal records? or any ideas how to establish other members of the Barrow family? My cousin's on holiday and I can't ask him where he got the info. I know he didn't pluck it out of the air and I know he didn't realise the naval connection till I told him.