• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help I'm hitting a brick wall

My family names are Cooke and Wootton,Wilson,Moseley,Cronan and Frejek (Polish)

At the moment I'm having great difficulty in finding my Great Grandad x 2 Oswald Wilson's death certificate. Oswald was born in 1887 in Lincoln and married to Mary Cronan in Chesterfield they had six children. I don't know if he died young in the first world war but I can't find him at all.

My second person I can't find on the death certificate is Emily Deering born in Yorkshire in either 1896 or 1897 married to a Richard Arthur Cooke in huddersfield in 1915, I was told she died young by the family but for some reason I think she divorced Richard Cooke and remarried I know she must of stopped in huddersfield because my great grandad came to chesterfield around 1930 with out Emily but I don't know where to look for her death or divorce records because I think I've checked everything?

If anyone can help that would be great as I'm fed up hitting a brickwall.

Cheers Marie