• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help! I'm Lost

Littlemo

Hi All,
I think that I have found some Army Papers of my GGGrandad. Problem is:confused:none of the places given as to where he was born make any sense to me:confused:

Name: Michael Meleady
Calculated Year of Birth: 1831
Parish of Birth: Litter
Town of Birth: Kinnity
County of Birth: Kings (Offaly)

I was useless at Geography at school (And that was in the Middle Ages) So I
would really appreciate a Geograpy Lesson hereO0

Littlemo

dochines

Valued Member
can't have you lost in the mists of ireland!!

Kinnitty is a small town at the " cross roads" of Ireland. Draw a line between Dublin and Galway on a map and another line between Belfast and Cork.

Kinnitty is where the two lines cross. Litter is also a parish in Ireland

If you Google the names you will find information about the Litter area and about Kinnitty and its castle

Littlemo

can't have you lost in the mists of ireland!!

Kinnitty is a small town at the " cross roads" of Ireland. Draw a line between Dublin and Galway on a map and another line between Belfast and Cork.

Kinnitty is where the two lines cross. Litter is also a parish in Ireland

If you Google the names you will find information about the Litter area and about Kinnitty and its castle
Thank You very much Dochines:kissu: Maybe I can find something in Litter Parish Records,now that I know such a place still exists.Thanks

Littlemo

Might be family.

1795-1925 Passport Applications of Naturalized US Citizen born in Offaly;

Daniel Meleady;
b. 7/4/1882 Kings County
Application date; 2/7/1920
Residence; Sandville RI
----
Martin Meleady;
15/11/1876 Birr
7/8/1919
Philadephia PA