• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

HELP! international bank cheques

gibbo

From
Australia
Whenever i order a search or certificates internationally i have to purchase a international bank cheque to pay for it. These cheques cost $30 aust. each. Usually i order a few things from the one place to make the cost of the cheque worth while but this time i only want to order the one thing and the international cheque will cost me over twice as much as my order. I dont have credit cards and some places dont take them anyway. Maybe if i want it bad enough i will just have to pay for it:mad: Does anyone know a cheaper way to pay internationally that the bank may not have told me about. I have paid for their xmas party already and i dont wish to pay into their retirement fund as well. Would appriecate some advice if someone knows a better way around this.
gibbo

Whenever i order a search or certificates internationally i have to purchase a international bank cheque to pay for it. These cheques cost $30 aust. each. Usually i order a few things from the one place to make the cost of the cheque worth while but this time i only want to order the one thing and the international cheque will cost me over twice as much as my order. I dont have credit cards and some places dont take them anyway. Maybe if i want it bad enough i will just have to pay for it:mad: Does anyone know a cheaper way to pay internationally that the bank may not have told me about. I have paid for their xmas party already and i dont wish to pay into their retirement fund as well. Would appriecate some advice if someone knows a better way around this.
gibbo
hi gibbo I use a visa debit card from a local credit union my funds and works every time so far. Glen

hi gibbo I use a visa debit card from a local credit union my funds and works every time so far. Glen

Hi Glen

Whenever i have asked the bank about the different ways i could send the money they have never mentioned the visa debit card. I have heard of them but never gave it a thought as to whether i could use them for this. I will look into that when im up the street tomorrow. They must see "sucker" written on my forehead when ever i walk in that bank. Ha Ha sucker no more!
Many thanks Glen
glen

Hi Glen

Whenever i have asked the bank about the different ways i could send the money they have never mentioned the visa debit card. I have heard of them but never gave it a thought as to whether i could use them for this. I will look into that when im up the street tomorrow. They must see "sucker" written on my forehead when ever i walk in that bank. Ha Ha sucker no more!
Many thanks Glen
glen
hi gibbo I have order birth c and the like on line and had no trouble I think most bank's have them but you have to ask if not see a credit union or building society . Glen

hi gibbo I have order birth c and the like on line and had no trouble I think most bank's have them but you have to ask if not see a credit union or building society . Glen

Hi
We have a credit union here as well so i will get it sorted tomorrow with the bank or credit union.
Just think of all the extra cert. i can order with the savings from not having to buy international bank cheques!!:biggrin thanks for the help
gibbo

Back