• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help needed Anne Newman

ladybird

I haven't been on this site for a long while, as I was hitting brick walls .
However, I have just had my DNA results come back, which after a lot of deliberating I decided to have done, not for the family tree connection, but just to find out where I came from, on my mothers side.
Anyway to cut a long story short, Ireland, which I sort of knew. I have a match with a lady in the US, with the Ireland connection, but we cannot find out how.

So, I am hoping that it is Anne Newman who is my GG Grandmother.I think she was born approx 1845. She married John Webb Coolkelure (Dunmanway) Co, Cork in 1865. Her father I think was Richard Newman, but I would love to find out who her mother was. So any help please would be a help.

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello ladybird

I did one of those too from Ancestry, have you uploaded yours to FTDNA?? I have it's a bit odd because I have different results from both sites. With Ancestry I was 69% British Isles and with FTDNA I was only 39% :confused:

I couldn't find anything on Ancestry about Anne's baptism, and she was born before registration but there was nothing on their Parish Registers, but if you don't already have her marriage certificate:

Name: Anne Newman
Date of Registration: 1865
Registration district: Dunmanway, Ireland
Volume: 20
Page Number: 161
FHL Film Number: 101249
Records on Page:
Name
Anne Newman

May be this website could help:

http://www.irelandxo.com/?gclid=CNHBtLH_0scCFcHnGwodXt4NTw

Amanda

ladybird

Thank you Amanda, this will help I think,I hope that it may give a witness, which hopefully will be her mother. But just realised that her mother will be as Newman, and I need to know her maiden name.
So I may as well, spend the money and oreder the certificate.
No I only did my DNA through FTDNA, and I came back as origin Ireland, with a Haplogroup, and all the rest which told me where my group originated from.I have only put my Mothers family tree on the site,as I did my mtdna.All confusing, but interesting at the same time