• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

help needed tracing census entry for 1911 - possible notorious murder victim

Hello,

I have found my family census for 1911 and its got some interesting people on there who match up with what I have managed to find out from family etc however there is one person that really does interest me yet some help from experts is needed to ensure I have found the correct person.

I am trying to find out as much information as I can about a Amy Aubrey who lived in Birmingham in 1911 with John & Alice Aubrey who were down as her grandparents, there were also 3 other females listed including Edith, Florence (my great grandmother) and Lucy. it would be good to know which of Edith and Florence was Amys mother first to establish her relationship with me.

I believe that Amy Aubrey was actually Doris Amy Aubrey who married an Arthur Minton , these and a few others will actually murdered by Billy Hughes in the Pottery Cottage Murders who were fairly well covered by the media in the 1970's..

Obviously before I start try to make connections etc I would need a little help linking the names etc, I have found that an Arthur Minton married Doris Amy Aubrey around June 1931 in Birmingham.

Would this be the same Amy Aubrey that ones the Census for 1911 and if so would it be normal drop a name for the Census etc?

any help on this out would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers