• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help on working out a surname

Website
kimbo1959.tribalpages.com
Hi all

Thx for all your answers, you have said all what I thought it could be, trouble is I have never heard of them names, have tried comparing with the other writing but nothing similar, to me it looks like Tifhins, the f is what they put in for a S, so with the s it reads tishins, I can't think of any thing that is close to it, urghhhhh, The date of document is 1795 in st mary woolwich, london, does that help julie.

Thx for all your response
Kim

BraisherT

I think it could be read Tiskin or Fiskin too. Oh dear! Good luck with figuring it out.

PS 500 Fiskin records on ancestry, so it definitely exists as a surname - 6 records for Tiskin, none of which are in London, so that is probably not so 'real'!

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi all

Thx for all your answers, you have said all what I thought it could be, trouble is I have never heard of them names, have tried comparing with the other writing but nothing similar, to me it looks like Tifhins, the f is what they put in for a S, so with the s it reads tishins, I can't think of any thing that is close to it, urghhhhh, The date of document is 1795 in st mary woolwich, london, does that help julie.

Thx for all your response
Kim

I had similar probs Kim. I had a surname of Jiggens, and the g's looked like L's.
Don't ya wish thay cood rite proppa lyke us.:biggrin:

Steve.:)