• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

    Please read the following:

    Read the current rules of the forum

    Thank you

    If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

help or advice wanted.


Active member
Hi all,

As in my earlier posts elsewhere I am researching the name Shaw. If in 1869 (21st Feb.) a family left England to come to New Zealand, this was an assisted passage, is it possible to acquire personal details from papers they may have had to fill out to apply for this assistance. Is there some govt. department that may have this sort of info. or archives in England. Thank you


Similar threads