• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

help please

a fue years ago i found out that my great grandad was awarded a medal he was in the local rag for it aswell but i cant seem to find anthing on it i did have news paper clippings but when we moved house they got lost and all i have to go on is his last name "pierson" he was awarded a medal for saveing a high ranking officor from a grenade any help with any of this will be very appreciated many thanks

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
a fue years ago i found out that my great grandad was awarded a medal he was in the local rag for it aswell but i cant seem to find anthing on it i did have news paper clippings but when we moved house they got lost and all i have to go on is his last name "pierson" he was awarded a medal for saveing a high ranking officor from a grenade any help with any of this will be very appreciated many thanks
Hi Jamie

Do you know the name of the local paper and have a rough idea of the year/month, if so try contacting the paper or your local library as they should have archive records for you to view.

Good luck

Gwen :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi, i have emailed local libraries looking for newspaper articles on 2 different occasions and i have received copies of the clippings and all free of charge. I didnt have the exact date but i did have the year and approx month of the articles i was looking for. good luck
gibbo