• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help to find Flinn

Can anyone help to find details of the parents of Edward Flinn born 1853 in
Aberdeenshire Scotland, who married Isabella Fraser 26/08/1876. His father was James Flinn ,mother Ann Thomson. They were married 9/07/1852 in Aberdeen. I need their dates of birth and death, also date of death for Isabella Fraser who was born 02/04/1855. Her parents were Alexander Fraser born about 1797 and Isabella Ross born about 1816.
Any information on any of these would be very much appreciated.

Convent girl

Can anyone help to find details of the parents of Edward Flinn born 1853 in
Aberdeenshire Scotland, who married Isabella Fraser 26/08/1876. His father was James Flinn ,mother Ann Thomson. They were married 9/07/1852 in Aberdeen. I need their dates of birth and death, also date of death for Isabella Fraser who was born 02/04/1855. Her parents were Alexander Fraser born about 1797 and Isabella Ross born about 1816.
Any information on any of these would be very much appreciated.

Convent girl

Interesting. I happen to be researching the exact same person. He is my 2nd Great Grandfather. My mothers name is Barbara Black Thornton Flinn.

Edward Flinn and Isabella Fraser married on 27 September 1876.
Anne Thomson was born in 1834 and died 15 November 1892.
Isabella Fraser died on 3 January 1936.

Are we related in some way?

[COLOR="Red"]Hi Pantheon
it seems we do share a common relative. Edward Flinn was my husband's great grandfather (his mum's grandad).I have seen the marriage cert for Edward and Isabella Fraserand it shows date as 26th August 1876. They were married at 2 Doric Place Aberdeen by the Rev. George Philip of the parish of St. Clements Church of Scotland. The witnesses were John Matthews and Christina Fraser. It was registered on 29th August by the Aberdeen Registrar. The groom's address was 45 Causeway End Aberdeen and the bride's as 2 Doric Place. The groom's father was shown as a confectioner and the bride's father was a joiner.
I hope this is of some help to you. Do you have any other info. on the Flinns as I can't find anything else? I live in Aberdeen and you can contact me by e=mail if you want.Regards convent girl

Robert Third Flinn married Barbara Black Thornton (my grandparents)
|
Edward Flinn married Jessie Ann Third (my grt grandparents)
|
Edward Flinn married Isabella Fraser (my 2nd grt grandparents)
|
James Flinn married Ann Thomson
|
Edward Flinn married Ann Stewart/Stuart

What is your husbands name?

Thanks for your reply re Edward Flinn.

My husband's name is Bisset. His mother was Christina Flinn Murray and Edward Flinn and Isabella Fraser were her grandparents. Their daughter Christina Fraser Flinn married Alexander Taylor Murray, and their daughter,Christina Flinn Murray was my mother in law.(born 22/06/1912)

Did you know that Edward Flinn (born1853) was a widower when he married Isabella Fraser? His first wife was Helen Gillan and they were married only a year when she died of respiratory disease.

If I get any other details I will pass them on to you.

Regards Convent girl