• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help with baptism records please

Hi

I am trying to sort out a mystery. I have a Rosa Putman b 1867 d 1911 in Millbrook Beds, found her on 1891 census living with her sister in Bradford and there is a child WALTER GEORGE PUTMAN b 1889 Millbrook Beds. On 1901 census she is still in Bradford lodging with JONATHEN PRIESTLEY and now there are 3 more children (WALTER having died) LUCY PUTMAN b 1892, WILLIE PUTMAN b 1893 and JONATHEN PRIESTLY PUTMAN b 1899. ROSA did marry JONATHEN PRIESTLY in 1902. Does anyone have access to baptism records for any of these children which would confirm who their father was. Did ROSA actually have 4 children out of wedlock??

Hoping someone can help

jonathan?

birth
John Priestley Putman
1899 Apr-May-Jun Bradford Yorkshire West Riding

Sorry - the births do not appear in the West Yorks parish records on ANC. I would think as they are recorded on bmd as Putman the father will not be named, except for John/Jonathan, maybe.
dave

Last edited:
Hello
I know that this is not what you asked for,and I have struggled to find any baptism records,but by posting the following,someone may take look and be able to help a little further
Take care
Rpmany Rose x

Rose Putman in 1881 is found living @ 21 The Village ,Millbrook Bedfordshire=1891 with sister Elizabeth Bland @143 Woodroyd Rd ,Bowling emploed has a cloth weaver
John Priestley born 1845 Bradford,baptised St Peters Leeds 1845,died Bradford 1917-he married twice 1/Emily Alderson1847 there is a death recorded at Bradford 1896,they married St Peters Leeds 1875.
in 1851 John is living@20 East St,Horton,Yorks=1861@48 York St Bradford in 1875 @time of marriage he is living@Blakewell Oxyard,Leeds,occupation boilermaker,in 1881 he is @ 29King St Bradford,occupation iron ship builder/boiler maker-1891'65 Upper Rushton Rd Calverley with Farsley,Yorks,occupation boiler smith
children of Lucy and John
Lucy b 1892 in 1901@798 Main Rd,Bradford-1911@10 Faxfleet St Bradford
William death registered @ Bradford 1972
John married 1922 to Mary Bartlam

SO I AM WONDERING IF THE CHILDREN BELONG TO JOHN AND 1ST WIFE EMILY

Romany Rosex

Hi

Really appreciate your help with this. Lucy, William and John have the surname Putman (John is named as John Priestley Putman). I presume John is
definitely Jonathen and Lucy's child - hence the middle name Priestley. Rosa appears to have 4 children before her marriage to jonathen Priestley, 1 was born in Bedfordshire and the other 3 in Bradford. I am wondering if Jonathen was having an affair (or even living with Rosa) and they had Lucy, William and John. What is confusing is that john Priestley was born after Jonathen's 1st wife had died so why not register him as John Priestley. Very confused at the moment

Take care