• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

help with henry hornby from lancashire

hi,can anyone tell me who henry hornby from burscough married ? l know she was called martha but what was her maiden name.my henry was born in 1880 so l'd imagine he got married abt 1900 - 1910

any help would be great thanks

debi

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Hi Debi,

You could try FreeBMD.
Quick search there for Henry Hornby 1900 to 1910 yielded the following:
Marriages Dec 1900
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Hornby Henry   Birkenhead 8a 939 Â
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1901
   Hornby Henry   W.Derby 8b 1044 Â
Marriages Dec 1901
   Hornby Henry Boydon   Birkenhead 8a 837 Â
Marriages Sep 1907
   HORNBY Henry   Bolton 8c 896 Â
Marriages Mar 1908
   HORNBY Henry   Berwick 10b 662 Â
Marriages Sep 1910
   Hornby Henry   Chorley 8e 1203 Â
Unfortuantely none of these yielded a marriage to a MARTHA. (You can find this by either entering the christian name of the spouse, or as I have done by doing the search then clicking the VOL/PAGE to goto the results showing (Normally!) 2 men and 2 women).
So I expanded the search to include 1890 to 1910 which threw up a marriage in 1895 to a MARTHA SHORROCK
HERE.

Marriages Jun 1895
Surname First name(s)  District Vol PageÂ
Eatough  Lydia       Blackburn 8e 732 Â
Fairhurst Townley     Blackburn 8e 732 Â
Hornby   Henry      Blackburn 8e 732 Â
Shorrock Martha      Blackburn 8e 732

Hopefully this is the correct person. If you believe it is, You will need to get a copy of the marriage certificate either at the registry office in Blackburn HERE or online HERE
Let us know how you get on please,

All the best, :wink:
Dave