• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help with movie please

gibbo

Loyal Member
I've been looking on ebay for the below movie and cant find it. Either it isnt in there or i cant find it from looking :rolleyes: If anyone has a spare minute and wouldnt mind having a look and IF they find it could they PM me the link please as i want to get the movie. [only want to buy from Australia for postage reasons]

TITLE .. My father

My Father is a 2007 South Korean film. The film, which is based on a true story, is about an adopted son who is searching for his biological parents in South Korea. During his search he meets his real father, a condemned murderer on death row. Daniel Henney plays the lead role of James, who works as a volunteer in the United States armed forces in Korea. He asks questions of why his father is on death row and finds out things that he always wanted to know. Then he finds more and more truths unravel about his father and his life.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Yes thank you that is it :)
The location for that one is in Thailand so i might have to buy it internationally as there doesnt seem to be any from Australia.

You did well to find it, i looked and looked and couldnt find the movie anywhere in ebay regardless of the location country redf)

Thank you :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Well the Eliza Fraser movie was a waste of time and money :rolleyes:
I'd give it 3 out of 10 and thats only cause im been nice :rolleyes:

Shame cause it was supposedly a true story which could have been upbeat and interesting.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Well i posted the Eliza Fraser to Joan last week :biggrin:

Told her i didnt want it back :2fun::2fun:

It could be interesting to see who she palms it off to cause i dont think she will want to keep it neither :2fun::2fun:

Im interested in what you think of the movie after you watch it Joan >:D

duckweed

Loyal Member
Dreamt of a plot for a movie where people who seemingly had no connection with each other were mysteriously dying and eventually it was found they were all distantly related and the murderer was a genealogist who was exacting revenge on a family who made his family bankrupt. What do you think of the plot?

Nearest film like it was an Alec Guiness Film. Think it was called Kind Hearts and Coronets? Where he played various relatives and Dennis Price was bumping them off in order to inherit their fortune.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Dreamt of a plot for a movie where people who seemingly had no connection with each other were mysteriously dying and eventually it was found they were all distantly related and the murderer was a genealogist who was exacting revenge on a family who made his family bankrupt. What do you think of the plot?
Intriguing DW. You interested in writing something along them lines?

I think Trevor Howard played 8 parts in that film, can't remember if I ever watched it. However the plot seems a good one, what about a gene commenced by an ancestor of the 17th century that still has an effect in this one then? On my maternal side, I think there are about 200 and counting of those that can be connected to my 9 times great grandfather. There has been a comment that one generation can avoid such things but is still brought out later! :rolleyes: In the landed gentry circles the second son was often totally against being left out of inheritance to an older brother who was not interested in preserving the family fortune etc. :2fun:

duckweed

Loyal Member
I did once think of writing it but I am no great author. Just seemed a great plot as I have found relatives all over the world and only a genealogist would know they are related to us as have a wide range of surnames and life styles.