• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Help

Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help me on the next step of this mystery. My Grandfather was Victor Merrit Broadbent, His mothers surname was Broadbent so I know he was born out of wed lock and was given his mother maiden name, I can remeber being told that she came from a wealthy family in yorkshire and that the family owned a timber mill, she was disowned for being an unmarried mother later she married a man caleed Nett or Neatt not quite sure and she had a further 11 children. My grandfather was born in Hackney London so Im not sure how she came from Yorkshire to London and I really dont know where to start any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

My father was Victor Merritt Broadbent and my mother was Annie Louise. My grandmother was Annie Broadbent who gave birth to my father in Clapton Mothers Hospital on 20 July 1919. Before I give more information I am interested in knowing a little more about you and who your mother and father are. This is important to me to be sure your request is authentic.

Regards

Phil Broadbent

Hi Phil

'Broadbent' has not been on line since 2008. Best plan is for you to make another 2 posts. Shortly after this your name will turn green indicating you can make a private message. You could then make contact by sending him/her a message only you and him can see

regards
dave

Last edited:
Dear Davelambert and Oznannie

Many thanks for your information to my enquiry. Oznannie, I didn't Know my step-grandfather's full name or when he married my grandmother. Maybe now I can find out who the original enquirer is and help him know about the family.

Regards

Phil (finder)

Hi Dave

Huge thanks for the pic of my grandmother Annie Spark Broadbent. Many photos of my family have been lost over the years so this pic I value very much (quite emotional actually). Maybe you can tell me if its possible to contact the original enquirer to these threads (broadbent) who was asking about his grandfather Victor Merritt Broadbent (my father) so that I can give him the family history.

Phil

You are now able to send Broadbent a private message. All being well he will get notification of this in his e mail inbox.

Just click on his user name the select send a pm.

if you would like me to send your email address to the owner of the tree I got the picture from, just let me have it by pm

dave