• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

helpful people

I just thought I would make this post to show there are some very thoughtful people about.
I have a brick wall in Norfolk on my paternal line. I thought I would write to the local rag as is often suggested by people on this site. Two days later I received an email from a lady who had seen the notice and had spent her time finding and sending me some details. Unfortunately there wasn't anything I hadn't already got. Then today I received an envelope with 19 pages of copy records of all sorts, some double sided. A kind gentleman who was not related to the Lamberts had spent his time trolling through the records to try and help me. Again it was unfortunate that I already had the information. BUT what a nice thoughtful thing to do. He also sent a copy of what the paper had printed, AND paid the postage.

dave

leefer

Loyal Member
That is a nice story Dave,good on them.

As a nation we are a very generous helpfull lot but the stiff British upper lip tends to hide a lot of the good deeds done by all.

gibbo

Loyal Member
One library i emailed has a 2 hours free search. I was trying to find a picture of a fella who it appears is my grandfather. The lady who received my email went hours over the free time limit at no charge and found the picture for me plus some little added bits of info on him. I know she is getting wages with working there etc but she didnt have to do it or could have charged me but she didnt. That picture she found was the first time i seen what my grandfather looked like.