• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Henderson (FIFE SCOTLAND) Or Niven

From
England
Im looking to start researching the scottish side of my family, my grandfather William Henderson died and was buried in Culross Fife around 1966.
He was married to Isabella Nee Niven.
I believe she was from Tarbert in Scotland (kyles of bute).
They had children called Jim, Bob,Mary,Margret,and a child that died at a very early age.
There was a Great Aunt Maggie in Dunfirmline, and a Great uncle John Niven died in newcastle around 1960 ish and a great Aunt Margret married name of Thompson died in Kames (Kyles of Bute) around 1960's,
Strangely Kames is across the water from Tarbert where that side of the family originated i think.

I am trying to get more info, but would like any leads to help me get started in searching my family tree.

Hi its Ian who posted the above thread, my name is Francis ian Arnold Born 1948, son of Mary Henderson, and Peter Arnold of Finchley London, there i also a connection with the BROWN family, some in the Falkirk and the late Willie Brown from LOCH EARN HEAD PERTHSHIRE who also died there.

Julie,

I couldnt see anything on Scotlandspeople, it still says images for statutory marriages, births and deaths are available to view on this site.

Back