• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Henry Fenwick/Isabella Beattie

pejay

Valued Member
Hi I ave been looking for ages for a marriage that doesn't appear to exist. [perhaps it doesn't] I think they married sometime between 1851[after census] and 1854 their first child was born in 1854 they were from Northumberland. I did send for a cert for an Isabella Beattie of Belford married 1853, I thought she perhaps was a widow when she married Henry, but her fathers name and occupation did not match. Someone did suggest maybe it could be a border marriage, in which case I would never find it. I have heard that there are some missing marriages that for some reason never went into the indexes, and I wonder could it be that? any help/suggestions gratefully received. :confused:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Pejay,

Whats the name of her father and his occupation? If the marriage has been missed off of the GRO index then it will be a search through the parish register.

Julie

pejay

Valued Member
Hi Julie, many thanks for your reply, Isabella Beattie was born in Warenford in 1830 {this appears to be close to Bamburgh] she died 1873 at North Seaton, 2 Colliery Row, on her death cert she is recorded as wife of Henry Fenwick, in the 1841 and 51 census - George Beattie[father] and family were at Easington Grange, and he is down as miller, then miller and coalowner. on 1861 census George Beattie with wife. youngest son wife & child. and Isabella, Henry Fenwick and 4 children are at a place called Cockshill? Shilvington and he is recorded as farmer on the 1871 census Henry Fenwick and Isabella were living at north Seaton, 2 Colliery Row. All these places are in NBl, Henry Fenwick re-married in 1875 and he is recorded as widower, any help/advice gratefully appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 13
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 22
DaveHam9 Births 23
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 7
DaveHam9 Births 3
DaveHam9 Deaths 8