• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Henry & Mary FITZPATRICK

vivb

Henry and Mary Fitzpatrick are buried in the same grave M1, 5,51.

Mary Anne Fitzpatrick
BIRTH 1824DEATH 12 Feb 1873 (aged 48–49)BURIAL
Rookwood Catholic Cemeteries and Crematoria
Rookwood, Cumberland Council, New South Wales, AustraliaPLOT Sect. M1 Row 5 Plot 51MEMORIAL ID 150888146 · View Source
HI Dave,Today I was looking through my Fitzpatrick files of my grandfather Herbert Fitzpatrick who at one stage owned Scotland Island and named one of the tracks, Lowanna St as well as their launch. A google search found a Lowanna St in Braddon Canberra ,17 km from Queenbeyan where we know the Connellys were dairy farmers. Co incident? Viv

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Don't know about that, Viv. There is a Lowanna near Coffs Harbour.

I know some suburbs (Pymble) and streets are named after local people (Furner street in Goulburn).

Dave

vivb

Hi Dave, When my mother was researching the family history in the 1980s, pre internet days, she had Henrys occupation as mail contractor born 1818 county down ireland and living in Manila nsw. I don't think its right but perhaps a brother or cousin was at manila. Regards viv

vivb

The question now is this accurate? Did the informant get the parents correct? What about the added initials ??

Death 2825/1886 FITZPATRICK HENRY J G - RICHARD - CAROLINE - LEICHHARDT

Arrival in NSW?
Yes I wonder about all the initials. We have a Geoffrey in our family and noticed you were conversing with a Geoff too.

vivb

I can't see Henry in Trove before 1846.
I’ve been looking into the Molonglo river valley and there was a gold rush in the 1860s so Henry being a shoe maker had lots of boots to repair!
The farmers in that area all seemed to be Irish. I think he was Irish as he married an Irish girls descended from Irish convicts ( the donoghue s) who were fiercely Irish. Can’t see her marrying an englishman . Have you actually cited the reference to Oxford on a document ? Also my ancestry DNA and shared match with my first cousin indicates Leicester Ireland as our ethnic origins.

vivb

most ancestry trees give 1818 Oxford ( including my own).Its spread like a bushfire with no citation.I want to get it solved.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I don't have my tree there and I rarely look at those trees. Probably from Ireland but don't know where the evidence will be. Not Trove.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
MC ? I have nothing before the 1846 baptism of son Richard.

Death cert should have name of informant and how many years in colony. Might have place of birth. Might have place of marriage but not the date.