• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Henry & Mary FITZPATRICK

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Does not add up.??

32 years in NSW is 1854 and eldest child is 41 in 1886.

Some details not quite right.

NSW Bap FITZPATRICK RICHARD 1151/1846 V18461151 63 HENRY - MARY A = LW= RC Cooma; Monaro; Manaroo District; Queanbeyan; Twofold Bay

Last edited:

vivb

Do you know anything about Oxford sources ?
Does not add up.??

32 years in NSW and eldest child is 41 in 1886. So that birth is before arrival ??

2nd marriage in Queanbeyan?
Yes there is a date discrepency. married at age 24 makes 1842. Fits into baptism records. But the 32 years in the colony is incorrect.

vivb

Hello Dave again, yes there is no marriage certificate but then again it was very rural then and the church had not Been built. My ancestry results on the maternal side recently came back 15% Scottish. So thinking it was an unwanted pregnancy with a Scottish man , or Henry was Scottish. Do you have any Scottish records around 1830-42? Although my dna matches are not showing Scottish 4th cousins .
I’ve been trying to break down this brick wall for years and years. Any help is appreciated ! Viv from nsw.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
We have one member p.risboy who knows more about Oxford sources.

Yes, I have records from Scotland around 1830-42 in my tree. They vary a lot in the amount of detail.

vivb

Hello Dave again, yes there is no marriage certificate but then again it was very rural then and the church had not Been built. My ancestry results on the maternal side recently came back 15% Scottish. So thinking it was an unwanted pregnancy with a Scottish man , or Henry was Scottish. Do you have any Scottish records around 1830-42? Although my dna matches are not showing Scottish 4th cousins .
I’ve been trying to break down this brick wall for years and years. Any help is appreciated ! Viv from nsw.
Thanks any help is great !
I did find a Welshe convict with a suitable time frame ( glanmorgan) but HF is a common name and no other details !

vivb

HI Dave, I discovered that I have Scottish genes on that side. Were there fitzpatricks in scotland?

Also i have noticed that the first born was called after the paternal grandfather. So that means that on the DC i sent you, that when Henrys relative said that his father was Richard, we can guess the middle name of Richard Joseph Fitzpatrick.he was living in Oxford about 1818 with wife caroline ( carolina). Regards Viv

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Viv.

A few Fitzpatricks scattered around Scotland.

I've not taken a dna test but I know I have Scottish and Irish genes. And English and German.

I'll add the bit to my tree.

Last edited:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
No, just a side branch of my tree.

1985/1910 WHITTLE ALBERT E - COLLINS ANNIE D - MARRICKVILLE * 26 Jan

2063/1869 WHITTLE THOMAS - FURNER KATE - CAMDEN * 12 May

V1845349 30B/1845 FURNER CHARLES - WHITEMAN HARRIET CR= CofE Narellan/Cobbity

I'm a descendant of Charles' brother Owen.

I just traced all the Furner lines from their arrival in 1838 from E. Sussex.

Last edited:

vivb

I’d like to ask you about this other ancestry member who has whittle, collins and fitzpatrick in her tree but it’s a public forum. Can we speak privately ?