• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Henry Rigley Birth - Please Help!

I wonder if anyone can help me please?
My GGG Grandfather Henry Adolphus RIGLEY was born c1800, but I don`t know where! He was a solicitor in London up to his death in 1857 in Shoreditch. He married Emilia PERRY in May 1839 in Lambeth, Surrey, and on his marriage certificate, his father`s name is also Henry RIGLEY - I can`t find any trace of him either!
Henry Adolphus RIGLEY was in Gravesend in the 1841 census, and in prison for insolvency in London in the 1851 census.
He also has links to Essex.
I would really appreciate any help and information, thank you.

Karen.

jld

I wonder if anyone can help me please?
My GGG Grandfather Henry Adolphus RIGLEY was born c1800, but I don`t know where! He was a solicitor in London up to his death in 1857 in Shoreditch. He married Emilia PERRY in May 1839 in Lambeth, Surrey, and on his marriage certificate, his father`s name is also Henry RIGLEY - I can`t find any trace of him either!
Henry Adolphus RIGLEY was in Gravesend in the 1841 census, and in prison for insolvency in London in the 1851 census.
He also has links to Essex.
I would really appreciate any help and information, thank you.

Karen.
Hello Karen,
I have just found out that my G G G Grandparents are Henry Adolphus Rigley and Mary Ann Starling , the parents of Mary Ann Zoe Rigley that married William Augustas James , parents of my great grandmother Ada James that was married to John Henry Pougher and lived in Cleethorpes . I am really stuggling with info for Henry Adolphus Rigley cannot find the marriage of them , only a marriage to Emilia Perry , also can you tell me if there was a son Henry Adolphus Rigley too?
Any info would be great Thanks Jayne

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jayne

Mary Ann Zoe Rigley baptism.

Nov 15 1846
Born 16 Jan 1846

Christ Church Southwark.

Mary Ann Zoe d of Mary Ann Starling (by) not to sure of this word, Henry Rigley gent.

Looking at how the record has been recorded with mothers name first, I would think that Mary Ann and Henry didnt marry. Perhaps someone with access to record could have a look.

Hello Karen,
I have just found out that my G G G Grandparents are Henry Adolphus Rigley and Mary Ann Starling , the parents of Mary Ann Zoe Rigley that married William Augustas James , parents of my great grandmother Ada James that was married to John Henry Pougher and lived in Cleethorpes . I am really stuggling with info for Henry Adolphus Rigley cannot find the marriage of them , only a marriage to Emilia Perry , also can you tell me if there was a son Henry Adolphus Rigley too?
Any info would be great Thanks Jayne

Hi Jayne,
I too, have been unable to find a marriage for Henry Adolphus Rigley and Mary Ann Starlng, but Henry did marry Emilia Perry.
Henry Adophus Rigley and Mary Ann Starling had 4 children: Mary Ann Zoe (1844), Henry Adolphus (c1847), Maria Sophia (c1853) and Frances (22nd april 1857) - my GG Grandmother.
I have lots of documents and photos if you would like copies....
Please email me directly. Edited emailed address removed for for security reasons. Once Jayne has replied to this she will have 3 posting which will enable her to use her private messaging. Julie moderator.

Regards, Karen.

Last edited by a moderator:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Karen,

Just a thought do you think that Henry may have altered his name slightly, as I did come across a Henry Wigley (middle name transribed as Rodolph at time of marriage) occupation solicitor.

Last edited:

jld

Re:Thanks Karen re: Henry Rigley

Hi Jayne,
I too, have been unable to find a marriage for Henry Adolphus Rigley and Mary Ann Starlng, but Henry did marry Emilia Perry.
Henry Adophus Rigley and Mary Ann Starling had 4 children: Mary Ann Zoe (1844), Henry Adolphus (c1847), Maria Sophia (c1853) and Frances (22nd april 1857) - my GG Grandmother.
Please email me directly. Edited emailed address removed for for security reasons. Once Jayne has replied to this she will have 3 posting which will enable her to use her private messaging. Julie moderator.

Regards, Karen.
Hi Again Karen,
This site confuses me a bit, so e-mail would be easier thanks Karen my address --Email address has been edited for security reasons... i have forwarded your email on to Karen for you.

Look forward to hearing from you Jayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jayne,

Regards, Karen.
Hi
Just seen this old post. I’ve recently done a dna test as I was trying to find my birth fathers family. It seems that Henry Adolphus Rigley was my gg grandfather and his daughter Frances Rigley was my g grandmother. I have been researching him and his family. Any help would be appreciated.