• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Henry William AMBROSE

aussiegirl1

hello. This is my first post on here. I am some Family research on my Fathers side. Dads great grandparents were and Elizabeth Vogel and we are descended
Thanks Val.

Yes married 2x Emma.

Marriage registration:
Henry William Ambrose
Marriage date:18/06/1887
Spouse's name:Emma Sophia Henett
Registration details:1887/C/674

Is that the one who married 2x Emma and died in 1935?

Marriage registration:
Henry William Ambrose
Marriage date:02/02/1938
Spouse's name:Julia May Hotz
Registration details:1938/C/355

Is that the one who died in 1941?

aussiegirl1

Woops, I pressed send before finishing. Emma Ottilie Louise Seefeldt who married Henry William Ambrose, was on board the “Wandrahm” with her family. He father died during the voyage. The ship had a nightmare arrival, as so many on board were sick with a contagious disease. They were ordered to stay on the ship until all illness was cleared.Emma’s mother married soon after to a man named Klein whose wife had died during the voyage also. There is plenty of information on Trove regarding this ships voyage And arrival.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks.

I had not traced Emma's arrival being way off any of my main lines.

Maryborough Chronicle, Wide Bay and Burnett Advertiser (Qld.) - Tue 16 Mar 1875 p.2
MARRIED
At Dovedale, Maryborough, on Saturday, March 13, by Mr. W. T. Godson, B.M., Henry William Ambrose, late of Middlesex, London, to Emma Louisa Matilda Seefeldt, of Stettin, Germany.