• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Here comes trouble!!!!

Hi all!!!

I've been researching for 18 months now and have almost 800 names on my tree, but am hitting brick walls now. I live in St Annes, Lancashire near Blackpool (if anyone needs any records searching here I am happy to do all I can to help you out, records office, photos at cemeteries etc)

I have rellies mainly in Sheffield, and Walsall, but a few ended up in Utah!

I'm extatic to have found this site, with likeminded people who will hopefully be able to help with my brick walls.

There will be a few pleas for help from me...so don't all run and hide at once!!!! :D

I'm a happy girl again now I have this site!!!
Ruth. xO0

patrickw

Hello Ruthanne,
another Lancashire lad here, just popped on to say welcome and good luck with your research. if I can be of any help, dont hesitate to shout out.
Best wishes
Pat xxx

Yay! A homie!!!!

I've felt like a Sheffield lass for the past 18 months I've done so much research on it! (I'm a War of the Roses baby!!! Family from Yorkshire, me born in Blackpool!) It's nice to hear of a Lancashire researcher! Thanks fro your offer of help, it's really nice of you, and my support is there for you too!

Keep in touch.

Ruth O0

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Ruthanne

Where did your Packard family come from? I notice you have it in your list of surnames that you are researching. I have Packard ancestors from Suffolk.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, a lot of the Packards came from Suffolk - mine did too.
My Packards most recently are from Sheffield, but do go back to Suffolk as far as the 1600's.
I'll e'mail again tomorrow when I'm not so tired and we can compare notes!

Night night!!!

Ruth. O0

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

Yes my ancestor was Elizabeth Packard born in Campsey Ash Suffolk in 1814. Her father was William Packard born in 1782 in Great Glemham in Suffolk, then to his father Joseph born in 1736, Josephs father Peter born in 1703 and so on.

Ben

Yay! A homie!!!!

I've felt like a Sheffield lass for the past 18 months I've done so much research on it! (I'm a War of the Roses baby!!! Family from Yorkshire, me born in Blackpool!) It's nice to hear of a Lancashire researcher! Thanks fro your offer of help, it's really nice of you, and my support is there for you too!

Keep in touch.

Ruth O0
My Dad used to say I was a PINK rose a bit rough round the edges cos he was from Barnoldswick, and my mother was from Coln.