• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Hi Everybody

:) I'm Gilllisa and have just joined in the hope of finding a few more of my elusive family members. The main names are Hill, Pritchard, both from Monmouthshire, Wales, and Brook(e)s, Parker, Kinder, Broadhurst and Guest from Lincoln and Warrington. The main brickwall at the moment is my Gt. grandfather Thomas Brook(e)s who was born in Tattershall, Lincolnshire and moved to Warrington Lancs at around 20 years of age. I would guess he was born around 1865?? He worked I think on canals as a stoker, but his parents (if he had any!!!!!!!!!!) seem to have disappeared in a puff of smoke. I'd also like help if poss with my Gt.gt.grandfather John Hill born 1824 and married to Elizabeth (surname poss Cox). They both hailed from Monmouthshire, Wales (I think Brynmawr). I've been playing around with my tree for some time now, but trying to do it on the free sites for obvious reasons. As I live in spain going looking at Parish records is very difficult for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I climb the walls!! cheers Gilllisa

Last edited: