• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

HI Everyone - Intro

Hi everyone.

My name is Marie and a live in Chesterfield, I've been tracing my family tree for the last year and half and I wouldn't call myself a pro at all cos I'm always getting stuck. LOL

My family names are Cooke and Wootton,Wilson,Moseley,Cronan and Frejek (Polish) at the moment I'm having great difficulty in finding my Great Grandad x 2 Oswald Wilson's death certificate. Oswald was born in 1887 in Lincoln and married to Mary Cronan in Chesterfield they had six children. I don't know if he died young in the first world war but I can't find him at all. My second person I can't find on the death certificate is Emily Deering born in Yorkshire in either 1896 or 1897 married to a Richard Arthur Cooke in huddersfield in 1915, I was told she died young by the family but for some reason I think she divorced Richard Cooke and remarried I know she must of stopped in huddersfield because my great grandad came to chesterfield around 1930 with out Emily but I don't know where to look for her death or divorce records because I think I've checked everything?

Also I would like to know if you can look at the 1911 census without putting a road or street name in as I'm finding it difficult to trace family cos I don't know this information?

If anyone can help that would be great as I'm fed up hitting a brickwall.

Cheers Marie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 1
A Introduce Yourself 7
B Introduce Yourself 3
E Introduce Yourself 1
O Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 3