• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hi everyone

Hi everybody. Nice to meet all of you. I have been searching my family history for about 2 years. I find it exciting and have met some nice people along the way, some near by, some across the ocean. I have met family that I would never have met if it wasn't for tracing my ancestry.

Amanda,

Hi and thanks for the greeting. I may see three names that you might be interested in. I am brand new here so I am not used to rules here yet. How do we compare ancestors? I need help in this.

Thanks,
Jerry

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jerry,

I hadn't noticed your Abbotts, do you have a tree on Ancestry?? I think that would be the best place to start. My mum's maiden name was Thomas, my grandmother's maiden name was Abbott and I have an Anne Francis of whom I have no knowledge, she would be a 4 x g grandmother married in 1803 to Richard Atkins at St James Westminster, and that's all I know about her.
I'll invite you to my tree if you let me know your user name on there.

Amanda

Hi Amanda,
Of course you did not notice my Abbotts. I did not add them until I saw that you were looking for them. I am related to two different families of Abbotts, as you may see. Yes I have an Ancestry tree. My name there is roller46. Looking at the dates we may have to work a little helping each other. I believe (my 2xg-gmother) Hannah Abbott 1837-1915 was from Somerset I believe. The older Abbot, their whole family spelled their names different. My 5xG-Gmother was Sarah Abbot died 1775. Well invite me and we will see what we can do with our Ancestry.

Jerry
Ancestry roller46

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Jerry,

I've sent an invitation, I don't know if there are any matches because of the dates, but we'll see. Perhaps I could see your tree, my user name is the same as here ladybird1300.

Thanks

Amanda