• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hi, I'm Brian Shepherd

I am the only son (adopted) of two great parents Joseph Charles Shepherd (b. Consett, County Durham) and Iris Roberta Shepherd (nee Coates) b. Amble, Northumberland.

Their parents are Jane Anne Riseborough and William Shepherd and Harriet Henderson and George Coates respectively, but I know little beyond that other than William was a foreman in Jarrow shipyard and that Harriet had a brother Bob and sister Bella. George worked as a coal miner, I knew both of my mothers grandparents until their deaths but have never met any of my fathers familly (he is still alive at 88 years).

In the last four years, I have discovered that on my birth mothers side that I have 2 sisters, Sally Clubley and Denise Parkinson; it was Sally that disovered her two siblings and I have to say I could not have wished for better sisters just a pity about the lost years (I'm the youngest at 54 !).

So I have a lot of familly history to build up on and my sister Sally is already ahead of the game from the Clubely side but she still hits the occassional wall so any help will do for now.

Regards,

Brian.

sterico

Loyal Member
Hello Brian and welcome to the FHUK forums.
You will find all our members are friendly and very helpful here at FHUK, we all wish you continued success in your research and if you need help all you need to do is, post your questions, along with whatever information you do have in your possession, on the appropriate forum, and our members will help you in any way they can. We also hope you enjoy the FHUK forums. :)
best regards StericoO0 helpusall

Codend

Hi Brian think we have some intrest in the clubley family have been in touch with sally her mother margaret kirkwood born 1918 skirlaugh east yorkshire her mother ruth kirkwood married sydney francis clubley in 1920 skirlaugh like to exchange information regards les

liz Stokes

Hi Brian
Welcome to the site. Clubley is not a common name so any links would always be worth following up. I do hope you enjoy the site. Finding links to your birth family as well as your adopted family has huge implications for you and I wish you luck in your quest.
Liz