• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Hi, I'm Brian Shepherd

I am the only son (adopted) of two great parents Joseph Charles Shepherd (b. Consett, County Durham) and Iris Roberta Shepherd (nee Coates) b. Amble, Northumberland.

Their parents are Jane Anne Riseborough and William Shepherd and Harriet Henderson and George Coates respectively, but I know little beyond that other than William was a foreman in Jarrow shipyard and that Harriet had a brother Bob and sister Bella. George worked as a coal miner, I knew both of my mothers grandparents until their deaths but have never met any of my fathers familly (he is still alive at 88 years).

In the last four years, I have discovered that on my birth mothers side that I have 2 sisters, Sally Clubley and Denise Parkinson; it was Sally that disovered her two siblings and I have to say I could not have wished for better sisters just a pity about the lost years (I'm the youngest at 54 !).

So I have a lot of familly history to build up on and my sister Sally is already ahead of the game from the Clubely side but she still hits the occassional wall so any help will do for now.

Regards,

Brian.