• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Hi There, these are my interests, please contact if you have any info!

dalegough

Hi I am new here.

I am Dale, and live in Ipswich Queensland Australia. I am interested at the moment in the Munday family of Oxfordshire & Berkshire, but also the Moss family (mainly Ireland), Tennant family (Ireland and England), the Collins family of Northumberland, the Wheelaghan family of Scotland, the Mallett family of Cornwall area, Sir John Macartney of England to name a few. But as I say I am looking into the Mundays for my husbands step aunt.

I will try out my other pursuit names on this site when I have the Mundays whipped into some order.

I have a renewed interest in our family genealogy again after a year, as I lost my home, and all possessions in the January 2011 floods here - photos, documents, etc. My hard drive was just above water level as was our tv.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Dale,

welcome to FHUK

Please have a look around the forums and then post your queries in the most appropriate ones and someone will try to answer them.

Good luck with your research.

Regards,

Dave

dalegough

Re: Munday families of Oxfordshire

Hi Steve
My Munday's (well they are my husband's step cousin's mother's family) came definitely from Ewelme and I think Wallingford. I have also some Shepherd's also spelt Sheppard (Ann Keturah ((b 1822 Britwell Salome Oxfd d 1901 Northam WA)) who married George Munday((b 1817 Ewelme Oxfd d 1878 Murray WA)), Anne Keturah Shepherd's parents were Thomas Shepherd and Ann Keturah Talbot). Great to talk to you, Dale:D

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Re: Munday families of Oxfordshire

Hi Steve
My Munday's (well they are my husband's step cousin's mother's family) came definitely from Ewelme and I think Wallingford. I have also some Shepherd's also spelt Sheppard (Ann Keturah ((b 1822 Britwell Salome Oxfd d 1901 Northam WA)) who married George Munday((b 1817 Ewelme Oxfd d 1878 Murray WA)), Anne Keturah Shepherd's parents were Thomas Shepherd and Ann Keturah Talbot). Great to talk to you, Dale:D

Sorry Dale, those area's of Oxfordshire I haven't got Parish Regs for. But I do have The Oxon Marriage Index pre 1837 if that's any help at all.;)

Steve.:)

dalegough

Hi Steve again, If you could look thru the Marriage registers that would be great. The furtherest back Munday I have is Richard b 1746 marrying Mary Webb b 1813, I have a William b 1797 marrying a Mary Bissell b 1844? But any Munday's marriages from the Ewelme area would be appreciated. Ta Dale :)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Dale.

Male Munday marriages, in no particular order.

Benjamin Munday to Rachel Castle @ Ewelme. 29 Sep. 1831.
Christopher Munday(of Ewelme) to Mary Johnson @ Brightwell Baldwin. 13 Oct 1827.
John Munday to Sarah Jarrett(of Watlington), @ Ewelme. 21 Oct 1826.
Joseph Munday to Mary Wilkins @ Ewelme. 20 Oct 1794.
Joseph Munday to Mary Holland @ Ewelme. 20 May 1823.
Richard Munday to Anne Mason(of Great Milton), @ Ewelme. 26 Nov 1802.
Richard Munday(of Ewelme) to Elizabeth Williams @ Chalgrove. 14 Oct 1827.
William Munday to Elizabeth George @ Ewelme. 5 Nov 1803.
William Munday to Mary Bissel @ Ewelme. 29 Oct 1822.

I cannot see a marriage of Richard Munday to Mary Webb at all. But there is the variation of Richard MONDAY to Mary Webb.;):)

Female Munday marriage.

Mary Ann Munday to Mark Morris(of Warborugh), @ Ewelme. 16 Oct 1832.

Hope these help.:)

Steve.:)

Taken from OxFHS - Oxon marriage Index - 1538 - 1837.

Last edited: