• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Hi to all!

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say what a great site!
I am new to genealogy but in the small amount of time that I have been researching I have become completely addicted, it is fascinating to find out little bits of information about people that lived so long ago and it is so satisfying to see your research begin to fit together and make sense.
I started on the search to trace my family tree partly because of my mother, she was adopted as a baby and after over 50 years has decided she is ready to find out a bit more about her roots.
I am researching on her behalf as for the moment I have quite a lot of time on my hands and have use of a computer all day at work.
At the moment I have got as far as tracing my gg grandfather and know most things about him and his history apart from the dob/dod of his parents and details about his brother and sister.
As for my gg grandmother for some reason information on her is very limited I know her place and dob and possible dod but nothing in between or about her family roots.
I am also looking for details on my mother’s father but so far have come up with nothing as I only have an estimate of when he was born.
So thanks to a few fantastic sites on the web (this one included) and the help of some really kind people I feel like I am getting closer all the time to solving the puzzle.

Emily