• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

history of public house

Anyone out there know where I might find out more about a particular public house which my ancestors ran for at least three generations that I know of.
I believe this pub was listed in the doomesday book. (I think my family moved there in late 1700s possibly early 1800s)

Flossy

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Hi Flossy,

That sounds like a good subject! :)
What dates are we generally looking at and where?

I have lots to look on my family also - as a few geneartions were in Pubs between 1810 to 1900+

I shall really need to go to the FHS to search the local directories.

all the best,
Dave

dawnlea

Hello ;D
Just a thought - but would the local breweries hold this sort of information? I also have publican ancestors sometime in the last century - but I'm not sure when - so I am also looking for this information. My ancestors were called the Crouchs and they lived in Manea, Cambs. They ran a pub which I am sure was called the 'Rose and Crown' but I'm not absolutely certain. I am pretty sure that it was on the High Street. So, any more ideas on how to track down these little varmints!!! :2fun: