• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Holidays, school, bed and glue

gibbo

Loyal Member
12 Apr 2008

A 10-year-old boy who wanted to avoid going back to school after the holidays decided to take drastic action and glued his hand to his bed.

Diego Palacios had so much fun over Christmas that he didn't want the holidays to end, so he hatched the cunning plan to try and skip lessons.

His horrified mother Sandra found him stuck fast to the metal headboard on the morning he was due to return to school in Monterrey, Mexico.

Speaking to newspapers in Mexico, Diego said: "I thought if I was glued to the bed, they couldn't make me go to school. I didn't want to go, the holidays were so much fun.

"I remembered my mom had bought a very strong glue."

He told how he sneaked into the kitchen in the early hours and then covered his hand with the industrial-strength adhesive, used to repair shoes, before attaching himself to the bed.

His mother woke up to find him watching cartoons on television with his hand firmly stuck down.

"I don't know why he did it," she said. "He's a good boy, but mischievous - like all kids."

After spending nearly two hours trying to free Diego's right hand with water, oil and nail polish remover Mrs Palacios called in paramedics and police.

Diego's plan was finally foiled when they used a spray to dissolve the chemical adhesive, and he was bundled off to school for the first day back, if a few hours late.