• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Horace Charles REYNOLDS

My great grandfather was Horace Reynolds. He is much older than the Horace described here.

He went to Canada as an adult around the turn of the century. He came from Sheffield.

I am not sure about his whole family, but his daughter Dora Phyllis (1902) married my grandfather, Joseph Larkham Collins (1898) in Calgary.

My great grandfather was Horace Reynolds. He is much older than the Horace described here.

He went to Canada as an adult around the turn of the century. He came from Sheffield.

I am not sure about his whole family, but his daughter Dora Phyllis (1902) married my grandfather, Joseph Larkham Collins (1898) in Calgary.
Does this help?

REYNOLDS, Horace 1872 Professor Of Music And Singing Doncaster Yorks
REYNOLDS, Rose Phillips Wife Married 17 years 1869 Devon Exeter
REYNOLDS, Donald B Son 1895 Engineer General Lanc Preston
REYNOLDS, Dora P Dau 1901 School Sheffield Yorks
MATTHEWS, Dorcas M I Law Widow 1848 St Austell Cornwall
MATTHEWS, Elaine S I Law 1886 Assistant School Mistress North Shields
BACKHOUSE, Harry Boarder 1886 Steel Works Manager Bradford Yorks
ELLIOTT, William Boarder 1864 Clerk Sheffield Yorks
JENKERSON, Lydia Servant 1877 General Servant Domestic Wells Norfolk

living 102 Gell St, Sheffield

robrey50

Hi all for your info and I have sent it on to our Son who is the one doing our Family Tree. a Member REY1964 sent in a reply as "what do you need to know about the reynolds family" but has not as yet sent in a reply and when they do we may be able to tie up the loose ends.

Thanks again for your replies

Robert

Re: Horace Charles REYNOLDS--Born 1872, Doncaster Yorkshire.

Thank you. This must be my great grandfather. I was told he made the furst recording in England, but that is probably inexact. Hard to prove, and many dicuments were lost during the bombings of WW2.

He also sang and taught music in Calgary, and was said to break crystal with his baritone. He was in a musical group called The Pacific Quartet. I have a picture of them in Banff.

Thanks again.

REYNOLDS, Horace 1872 Professor Of Music And Singing Doncaster Yorks

robrey50

Hi
I have Just seen your post,and it seems as though I did not get an alert about it.Thanks for your reply but it Seems that there is no connection to Our Horrace
Robert