• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

House History

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gibbo,

I haven't done a house history, but I did buy an old cottage in the town Bideford, North Devon.
And I was handed all the old deeds etc. It was originally the stable for the hotel, which was located in the high street, and was converted to living accommodation in the 1830's.
I had all the owners of the property in my hand for the last 155 years or so.
There was a huge arched window at the rear of the house which was originally the access to the hay loft, and entrance to the stable.

Steve.:)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo,

I haven't done a house history, but I did buy an old cottage in the town Bideford, North Devon.
And I was handed all the old deeds etc. It was originally the stable for the hotel, which was located in the high street, and was converted to living accommodation in the 1830's.
I had all the owners of the property in my hand for the last 155 years or so.
There was a huge arched window at the rear of the house which was originally the access to the hay loft, and entrance to the stable.

Steve.:)
Wow that would have been interesting reading the old deeds etc. I have seen on the telly how they renovate some of them old barns in England. Cant say i fancy the way some of them do it, they make them look to modern and they lose the old charm look and feel.

gibbo

duckweed

Loyal Member
Wow that would have been interesting reading the old deeds etc. I have seen on the telly how they renovate some of them old barns in England. Cant say i fancy the way some of them do it, they make them look to modern and they lose the old charm look and feel.

gibbo
I suppose some will have said that of the barn conversion in the 1840s. What we think of old and quaint was once modern and new looking.