• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

How Flamin Much?

Littlemo

Now Winter is here and I won't be able to get out as much, I thought I would treat myself to a subscription on one of the Family Ancestry Sites and
I am in a state of complete :eek: at the prices. I did fancy Fi** M* Pa**
until I saw the price tag of £149:confused: Any helpful advice anyone?
I'm just looking for a site that dosn't cost an arm and a leg.

Littlemo

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Ask for look ups on here, that shouldn't cost you much.:biggrin:

I went with the 'A' site for the year, after subscribing monthly. Got the worldwide sub.
May be a case of biting the bullet Mo, or subscribing to as many free sites as possible.

Steve.:)

duckweed

Loyal Member
There is a way of cutting cost. I have found if you look around you can get special deals on Family Tree maker and with this you get 6 months free subscription to A.... When the subscription finishes, sell the Treemaker on Ebay and get half the money you paid back. I've done it several times now.

leefer

Loyal Member
There is a way of cutting cost. I have found if you look around you can get special deals on Family Tree maker and with this you get 6 months free subscription to A.... When the subscription finishes, sell the Treemaker on Ebay and get half the money you paid back. I've done it several times now.
Blimey Duckweed...you ever thought of going on the Apprentice:)

duckweed

Loyal Member
Last year I bought Family Tree Maker on special offer from the software manufacturers at about half recommended price. The software was cheaper than six months subscription to A..... 6 months later I put Family Tree Maker on Ebay and actually got all but £5 back so in effect it cost me £5 for 6 months subscription.