• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

How not to waste my time.

ptjw7

Loyal Member
I really must read the info on missing parts for census years!!!!
I have spent a fruitless hour trying all manner of things to get info for 1851 in Great Dunmow only to read that the parts are missing from that census!
I feel a bit stupid(no change there then) seeing as both the 1841 and the 1861 had the information I wanted. I think it was another case of cant see the wood for the trees and I thought I was going so well too.

peter

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Been there done that Peter. And I reckon most others here, have done the same.

I've even looked at some rellies on the same page of a census, and didn't notice 2 more generations living 2 and 4 doors away.:D :D :2fun:

It's called 'genealogy madness', so welcome to our world.:2fun:

Steve.:)

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Thats very strange you saying about the rellies on the same page Just found some on the same page for the 1841 census.
Talk about inbreds, must be a very small village Parsonage Down, Great Dunmow. From the village Ive got 3 inter marriages very small world, obvoiusly not much to do of an evening in the 1800's!

Peter

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I bet their internet connection was better than mine is, at this moment.:2fun: :2fun:
Yeah.....webbed feet and two headed cousins, and a tail to cap them off.:2fun:

Good luck mate, they should be easy to spot.:biggrin:

Steve.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
duckweed FHUK General Chat Room 11