• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

How to Index Family History Reports using FTM or do I buy a new programme?

:)When I first started doung my Family Tree on the computer I used Generations 8 and found that when I made up reports I got an index page at the front which made going through and checking/ adding data easy. (I always use my reprts to add research to before inputting onto the computer!)
I also much preferred the layout on screen as I was only looking at one family at a time, all the children were neatly underneath with no distractions so I didn't keep forgetting to sort the children into the right order!:mad:

A couple of years ago, because vista was so unreliable, I changed to Family Tree Maker 2008 and then upgraded to 2009. Although I like the fact I can just import info in from ancestry I hate the reports!!:mad: They don't seem to add in my notes and there is no index:'( Now that I have a tree with dozens of people called Joseph, James and John, not forgetting the William and Charles' with the same surname spanning 300 years I really need an index.)

Does anybody have a clue how to do this in FTM or should I bight the bullet and buy a new programme? Is there a programme out there that has this facility?

Any thoughts/advice really welcome:)

Thanks, Madmummy:D