• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

how to research wwII military service

Evening folks. I have a grandfather who served in the second world war. i have no information about what, where or when - i thought he had served in india but my Dad thinks it was italy. but we may both be wrong!!??

can i find anything out about this or is this sort of information for military eyes only?

if i can get this info ... where is it?

thanks
basil

he did survive the war -phsically, not too sure about mentally.

thanks for the link steve; i will see what i can get. out of interest for you his name is norman graham and i notice graham is one of your names.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
he did survive the war -phsically, not too sure about mentally.

thanks for the link steve; i will see what i can get. out of interest for you his name is norman graham and i notice graham is one of your names.
Hi Basil,
I think you have to download a request for service details, and also a Certificate of Kinship. Let us know how you get on.

My maternal Gt.Grandmother Mary Graham (1848), who hailed from Altrincham, Cheshire.
As you may gather, the further north you go the more Grahams there are. Dunham Massey, Chehire, also figures with my Grahams.

Steve.:)