• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

i cant find her!!

tiddy30

hi all, i was wondering if anyone could help me find some info on ANN GOODALL born c1828 in newton on ouse,york.I would like some help maybe finding her parents as i have yet to find them:confused: Ann married john jefferson at st margarets,york on 26/11/1845.ALL HELP GREATFULLY RECIEVED:) THANK YOU!!

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Tiddy

If you send off for Ann's marriage cert for 1845 it should give her fathers name.

I have found a few Ann Goodall's born in about 1828 in thew 1841 Yorskhire census. One in Acaster malbis and one in leeds and one in Barwick in Elmett.

Ben

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Tiddy,

A possibility for her in 1841 though no parents.

Civil parish Naburn
RD York
Sub RD Escrick
Hundreth Ouse and Derwent

Ann Goodhall age 15 occ F.S. born in county, head of household is a Richard Hobson and family occ farmer.

Anns marriage certificate will give fathers name.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Tiddy

I found a Charlotte Goodall born about 1832 in Newton upon Ouse in the 1851 census.

This could be the rest of Ann's family in 1841, living in Newton Upon Ouse.

William Goodall aged 40 an Ag Lab
Jane Goodall aged 40
John aged 14
Charlotte aged 9
Martha aged 6
James aged 1

All born in county.

Ben

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Tiddy

This is your lucky day as it looks like I have found her baptism.

ANNA GOODALL
Baptism
16 DEC 1824 Newton Upon Ouse, Yorkshire, England

Father: WILLIAM GOODALL
Mother: JANE

Ben

tiddy30

Hi Tiddy

This is your lucky day as it looks like I have found her baptism.

ANNA GOODALL
Baptism
16 DEC 1824 Newton Upon Ouse, Yorkshire, England

Father: WILLIAM GOODALL
Mother: JANE

Ben
WOW I CANT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR YOUR HELP.:) I WILL TAKE A LOOK AT THE INFO YOU HAVE ALL FOUND FOR ME:D .I WILL ALSO SEND OFF FOR ANN'S MARRIAGE CERT AS SOON AS POSS!!THANK YOU ALL AGAIN,

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Tiddy

I think I have found William and Janes marriage.

A William Goodall married Jane Thompson in Newton Upon Ouse on the 19th September 1820.

Ben

tiddy30

Hi Tiddy

I think I have found William and Janes marriage.

A William Goodall married Jane Thompson in Newton Upon Ouse on the 19th September 1820.

Ben
hi benny,thanks:) i found the same one yesterday and i think your right.i am now trying to find william's birth but lol as usual i cant seem to find it as the records found dont state a place of birth.:confused: i am working on the assumption that he was from yorkshire but its a big place for a little needle!

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Tiddy

Well the 1841 census says that William was born in Yorkshire. I think you can be right to assume that. He was probably born in or around the Newton area.

Ben

tiddy30

Hi Tiddy

Well the 1841 census says that William was born in Yorkshire. I think you can be right to assume that. He was probably born in or around the Newton area.

Ben
i do not have access to the early census records with out payin for them.i have found quite a bit yesterday on jane thompsons family as much as another 2 generations:D the goodall side looks to be harder to find.