• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Identify a Cottage at Holme Hale near Thetford, Norfolk?

Hello, especially if you are in Norfolk!

I’m enquiring on behalf of a grandson of Frederick George Tilley who, in about 1930 – 1935, bought an old house in Holme Hale near Thetford, Norfolk. The house had originally been two cottages (date of change unknown) and was immediately opposite the Parish Church (C of E) and Frederick George Tilley lived there with his wife.

The Land Registry cannot help with any information as I have been unable to provide the Title Number or an actual address.

I would really appreciate any help with this; perhaps a member knows this village and could have a look.

Ideally, I would like the exact address so that I can establish the date on which they took occupancy, when they left the property (probably between 1956 and 1966) and who inherited on their deaths.

Of course, if anyone should have any other knowledge of the Tilley Family at Holme Hale or the Tilleys / Sills in Hendon, Edmonton or Enfield, I would be very pleased to hear about it.

Regards,
Pam

Researching: Curtis, Dampier, Furzer, Gosling, Hodder & Stembridge
Researching: Bradley, Gaitt, Haycock, Miller, Ray