• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Identifying a button

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Had a quick look and a play with the image but the bottom half is not very clear.
Looks to be 'Nottingham' below an unreadable image.

Is it possible to get a clearer image Gibbo

'really must read OP'
Peter

Last edited:
Just had a look on Google and there is a street called Angel Row so maybe this is a button from an article of clothing from a shop or manufacturer in Angel Row Nottingham?

gibbo

Loyal Member
Just had a look on Google and there is a street called Angel Row so maybe this is a button from an article of clothing from a shop or manufacturer in Angel Row Nottingham?
Hi, thats what i was thinking. I had googled Angel Row and Nottingham but hadnt as yet been able to find where Wilson fits in but was thinking along the lines of a manufacture of clothing.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Thanks Steve, thats sounds like them. I will let Anthony know. Its another one of his little finds when fossicking.

Thanks.

Edited to add.. Anthony is very pleased to know a bit more about his button. With the info you posted i found a few newspaper articles and sent him. Thank you from Anthony.

Last edited: