• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Idle chit chat

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Ok, here's a secret that many do not know. Firstly, make sure that the oil, or fat, what you cook the Yorkies in is very hot and smoking. Add a little Tonic water,(the same you put in your Gin and tonic), to your yorkshire batter,

Remove what you cook your yorkies in from the oven, rest it on a worktop saver, then add your mix into it. Make sure you are wearing oven gloves, as it may hiss and bubble. Back to the oven the oven, and cook. They should turn out light and airy, and risen up very nicely.

Don't tell anyone else my little secret ingredient will you.:unsure::)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Says Steve who just plastered it over the internet :oops: Your a wally :ROFLMAO:
Oh dear, so I have.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also Gibbo, if you're feeling a bit more adventurous, you could add some beer, instead of Tonic water. Beer batter is very nice. Our local mobile chippy uses it sometimes to put batter his fish.:p:)

Oh sod it, another secret recipe that's not a secret anymore. I never learn, do I. I'm off to the wally corner. See ya later.(y):LOL: