• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

I'm New Here...

Hi, just a quick message about me.

I may be new here but am not new to genealogy. I have done some research over the last 10+ years on my own family tree (Evans, Hampson, Wyatt & Cox in the Sussex, Kent & London areas) and am fortunate that other family members have also done some extensive research

Somewhere back about 7 years ago I got completely sidetracked by my Daughter's Paternal Great Grandmother's surname of Obbard and ended up with a One Name Study :eek:

Everything has been in mothballs for about a year since my old pc burnt itself out without warning or recent backups redf) only now am I brave enought to investigate just how much data was lost and have just installed the software (The Master Genealogist) onto my new(ish) laptop and restored the projects from the last backup available. Seems I haven't lost too much.

My next task is to re-invent the website I had before everything died and it was searching for a new hosting service that bought me here.

The rest of my time is taken up with working full time and being the single Mum of a teenage Daughter