• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

internet link to newspapers in Wales Montgomery county area

This is guess would be for members who may live in Wales:confused: , I have an internet friend that actually placed something in the newpaper in Wales for me once:) . I know she paid for it and as much as I appreciate what she did, I don't want her paying for anything like that again, so I would like to know if the newspapers in Wales are like some down here where you can get on line and post and pay for articles on line, if so would any one know the link for me to do this:confused: . I want to have another ad placed, in hopes that I can find some distant family member to respond, and them hopefully get further on my own search than I have been able to for a long time.

Last edited:

dochines

Valued Member
Rather than pay for an advert, try and see if you could get a letter to the editor published. This is often a local news story and you may even find a local young reporter wants to make it into a story for you.
If you write a letter to the editor asking the readers for help you will probably get much better response.

Hope the suggestion is helpful,

seasonal greetings

dochines

Dear Dochines,

That would be a great idea, but I don't even know what newspapers are in the area that I am interested in, I know my great grandparent and an a great uncle and aunt were all buried in the Pont Robert's church yard. I would need help on finding out what papers are in that area. also contact infor. Julie did give me a link but as soon as I click on it as I was lost. I am going to need a little more exact infor to get me where I need to be. things to general kinda make me daaa.:eek::'( So if you or anyone can get me a little more exact infor I would really apprieate it. I have more sides I still need to look for but I am mentally stuck on my mother's father's side and really want to find out more there.

sterico

Loyal Member
hi Joyce below is a list of newspapers in wales, I found them on the net, i know i don't have the e-mail addresses but i tried punching the name of 1 of them in on the internet browser and it went on to the sites hope they are of some use sterico
Wales Newspapers
Barry and District News (Vale of Glamorgan)
Big Leader
Border Counties Advertiser (Oswestry)
Cambrian News (Aberaeron) [English available]
Campaign Series (Blackwood & Caerphilly)
Chester Evening Leader
Chester Standard
County Times (Welshpool, Newtown & Mid Wales)
Cymru'r Byd
Denbighshire Free Press (St Asaph, Denbigh & Ruthin)
Ellesmere Port Standard
Evening Leader (Mold, Deeside, Buckley, Hawarden, Connah's Quay & Holywell)
Evening Post (Swansea)
Flintshire Standard
Free Press of Pontypool (Torfaen)
Golwg
The Journal (Rhyl)
Milford Mercury (Milford Haven)
Monmouthshire Free Press (Monmouthshire)
News Wales
The North Wales Chronicle (Bangor, Caernarfon & Anglesey)
North Wales Pioneer
Penarth Times (Vale of Glamorgan)
South Wales Argus (Newport)
South Wales Evening Post (Swansea)
South Wales Guardian (Ammanford)
Tivyside Advertiser (West Wales)
Western Mail & South Wales Echo (Cardiff)
Western Telegraph
Wrexham Leader
Y-cymro (Flint)