• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Internet Problems

ptjw7

From
England
For some time now I have experienced problems with some web sites especially those with Genealogical content:2fun:
Those sites would giving errors that I couldn't fathom.
Yesterday I decided to investigate the problem to see if it was me (wifes says its always me (no change ther then)) :2fun:
SO as I had changed to using MS edge my first was to try Chrome browser which I had already loaded, surprise surprise all that I tried worked - so the Edge seems to be the problem.
I have now gone back to using MS IE11 - and all sites seem to be functioning.
FreeBMD is now has a working back arrow - before using the back arrow caused an error 'that page was here a moment ago' so annoying when looking for things from a list as I had to only use the 'revise query' button :mad:

Peter

I have a weird problem with this site, where if I try and write in this box I end up with lost of symbols instead as my curser doesn't seem to find the right place. Does that make sense and if linking on a forum title I have to go to the one below before the one I want lights up.

Must be me!

And submitting reply is somewhere in the blue additional options.

I use Opera and like the auto prompt for name and places to enter into forms.

It is only this site I have a problem with! But if my posts are littered with blue question marks you know why!

Having a play with OPERA - so far very nice and easy to use :cool: Once you get rid of all the glitz!(I prefer text much prefer the old bulletin boards - very fast on dial-up)

Peter

So far all running OK - So nice to have all links on a web page functioning!

Last edited:
Back