• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Introduction from Downunder

G'day there,

I have just joined having found out about the site:)

I have been researching the family history for about two years now. It started with a cousin who would chat to me about the family origins until I was so confused as my mind was filled with names which I was trying to link and place into some sort of time frame!

The ancestors ( Teasdale) originate in Yorkshire ( Tickhill) , and London on both sides of the family. Some emigrated to Australia in 1836 and 1838 and other's to the Gold fields of Victoria fron London in 1852 ( Hollis and Judge);, Niblock from County Cavan Ireland to South Australia, Jacques or Jaques from either Yorkshire or London to South Australia, Pownceby from London to Victoria; Brackett and Cooper from London and Darrington King from Huntingdonshire;

Since finding a distant relative and communicating frequently via another avenue with Duckweed upon whom I stumbled quite by accident; I have found Jarvis, Stringer and Kemp ( and more recently Bullivant) are also linked to the Teasdales ( we have the name Kemp in our Teasdale family records ).

My history is in education- as a lecturer ( curriculum mathematics), teacher in three states -ACT, SA and NSW -and school principal for almost thirty years but now a professional leadlighter and glass artisan trying to make a living outside of education arena having chosen to take a rest. I currently reside with my hubby in the heart of the rural wheat sheep belt in NSW and while my hubby cannpt understand my obsession with the past, I find it absorbing and can spend hours chasing info and analysing data.
Am pleased to have found this site and look forward to intereacting with people with an interest in their ancestors and in sharing thoughts and info. Have found the historic journey into the past a fascinating and informative trip so far and am learning heaps about the history of England and the UK in the process.:cool: